"One ought, everyday at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture and speak a few reasonable words." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Friday, May 20, 2011

Fortune Cookie Friday - Money, money, money!


Oh joy! A money fortune. This kind of fortune is such a mixed bag for me. One one hand, it's exactly what I want to see and fills me with a tiny adrenaline rush; on the other hand, I hate myself for getting excited. You see, I'm not actually a fan of money. I know it has its uses, and I definitely enjoy being able to buy things I need or want for myself or others, but I would love it if we could just do away with it. I hate trading my talents for it. That awkward "How much will you charge me?" for this or that. Ugh! And I hate how people get all wrapped up in it and miss EVERYTHING in life! The pride, the jealousy, the greed, the value assessment on a person's time/talent/abilities, the way people think it makes you happy, powerful, better than others. Blah. Wouldn't it be nice to be free of such garbage? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know what you're thinking. NO! You can't have my "financial prosperity" just because I don't like it! Oh...I hate my hypocritical self! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment