"One ought, everyday at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture and speak a few reasonable words." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wiseguy Wednesday 6 - State Trooper

I've often wondered if police officers get annoyed about everyone driving like saints everywhere they go...I mean, it would drive ME crazy. That's why I always try to speed just a little around them. I haven't been pulled over for it yet...

"Driving through New Jersey on Interstate 80 en route from Pennsylvania to New York, I came upon a group of cars that were abnormally traveling exactly at the 55 m.p.h. speed limit. In the middle of the group was a state police cruiser that everyone was reluctant to pass.

"After several minutes the officer's voice rang out over his roof-mounted loudspeaker. 'For heaven's sake, move!' he commanded. 'I am a Pennsylvania state trooper!'"
--Amitabh V.W. Mittal

No comments:

Post a Comment