"One ought, everyday at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture and speak a few reasonable words." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Leggo yo' Ego

“Whoever does not detach himself from the ego never attains the Absolute and never deciphers life.” 
--Constantin Brancusi

I just have a very brief but (I think) very thought-provoking little morsel for you today on Ego. Hopefully it'll  inspire you to think about abandoning yours...just a little. :)

EGO = Edge God Out

The Six Components of Ego:
  1. I am what I have
  2. I am what I do
  3. I am what other people think of me (reputation)
  4. I am separate from everyone else
  5. I am separate from what’s missing in my life
  6. I am separate from God
What happens when any one of these things goes missing? You still are who you’ve always been. “The ego is not master in its own house.” --Sigmund Freud

The Ego is not worth defending. Abandon it and be free. Empty yourself of Ego and you will find good things rushing in. Give them away and find more. "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." --Matthew 10:39

Try it. It works.

No comments:

Post a Comment