"One ought, everyday at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture and speak a few reasonable words." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, April 25, 2011

Surprisingly *Ravenous* over The Tourist

Well, I didn’t really intend for this blog to be for movie reviews, but I’m gonna do it anyway. What? There's a quote at the end. :)

I watched the movie The Tourist over the weekend. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it! Although, I still can’t figure out what exactly it was that I loved so much, since there was so much I didn't like.

Downside # 1 - I’m no fan of Angelina Jolie as it is, but in this movie she just made me sick. That chick needs to go out and eat some donuts or something. She looks absolutely disgusting! Her shrunken face and skeletal, anorexic-looking body was so distracting! I can’t count how many times during the course of the movie I caught myself imagining a fat share between the two of us. I could have some of her ample lip fat (she really could lose some of that – I mean, c’mon, chick has a butt crack in her lip), and she can have some of my ample torso/butt fat. We’d both be improved and I’d be able to watch the movie without thinking about such things…

Downside # 2 – The story was utterly predictable. I had the whole thing figured out in 20 minutes. Granted, I wasn’t sure and it didn’t take away from the enjoyment of watching the plot unfold. But still. It was definitely predictable.

Downside # 3 – I know I can hardly count this as a downside, but it was a little disconcerting seeing Johnny Depp playing a normal character WITHOUT the eyeliner. Weird. You know the guy lives in bizarre-o-land when the weirdest things he can do are acting normal and skipping the makeup!

Normally those 3 things alone would ruin the movie for me. BUT...

I loved the characters! I loved that it was set in Venice. I loved the acting. I’m always a sucker for a spy flick. But I think the clincher for me was the dialog. I’ve read some reviews that totally bash it as unoriginal and unintelligent, but I thought the dialog was incredibly endearing! Here’s an example:

Maybe it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, or maybe I’m just easily entertained, but it really hit the spot for me. There’s one bit of dialog I loved more than anything, and that’s going to be my quote for the day. I was completely ravenous for it! ;)

Frank: You’re ravenous

Elise: Do you mean ravishing?

Frank: I do.

Elise: You’re ravenous.

Frank: I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment